AFG vs IRE Dream11 Fantasy Predictions: The 1st ODI of the three-match series between Afghanistan and Ireland will be played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi on Thursday, January 21.
Afghanistan has not played any international cricket for the last 13 months. However, they played a warm-up game against Ireland where they won by 23 runs. The star players of Afghanistan, Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi are also back in the team after having a successful 10th edition of Big Bash League.
Ireland, on the other hand, has played a two-match ODI series against the United Arab Emirates earlier this week which ended in 1-1 draw and in the last match they performed well and registered a massive victory.
This is the perfect event for the fantasy sports enthusiast to switch on. So here are the match details, pitch report, weather forecast, head to head, probable playing 11 and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st ODI of the 3-Match series between Afghanistan and Ireland on January 21.
AFG vs IRE 1st ODI Match Details
- Match: Afghanistan vs Ireland, 1st ODI
- Time: 11:00 AM (IST)
- Date: 21 January 2021
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
AFG vs IRE 1st ODI Weather & Pitch Report
It will be partly cloudy in Abu Dhabi. The temperature will hover around 19 to 24 degree Celsius. We can expect a complete game as there are no high chances of rainfall.
The pitch has been batting friendly for the last few games, and we could be in for another high-scoring encounter on Thursday. The bowlers have had little to no purchase off the surface, and one can expect the batsmen to put up quite a show.
Average First Inning Score
247 [Based on the last 5 games played at this venue]
Record of Chasing Team
- Won: 2
- Lost: 3
- Tie: 0
AFG vs IRE Head to Head
- Matches Played: 27
- Ireland Won: 13
- Afghanistan Won: 13
- N/R: 1
AFG vs IRE Dream11 Probable Playing 11
Afghanistan Predicted Playing 11
Asghar Afghan (c), Mujeeb Ur Rehman, Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Javed Ahmadi, Mohammad Nabi, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Najibullah Zadran, Naveen-ul-Haq, Rahmat Shah
Ireland Predicted Playing 11
Andy Balbirnie (c), Paul Stirling, Gareth Delany, Lorcan Tucker (wk), Andy McBrine, Simi Singh, Harry Teckor, Kevin O’Brien, Curtis Campher, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young
Top Three Picks For Your Fantasy Team
- Rashid Khan: He is one of the best spinners in the world and against a team like Ireland whose batsmen struggled against spin, he will be very dangerous.
- Paul Stirling: He is the opening batsman and a part-time bowler of Ireland team and has plenty of experience playing international cricket. He can be a good pick for your fantasy team.
- Mohammad Nabi: He is a good all-rounder and in these spin conditions he will play a good role with bat as well as with his off-spin. He can be a good addition to your fantasy team.
AFG vs IRE 1st ODI Dream11 Fantasy Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Batsmen: Asghar Afghan, Andy Balbirnie, Paul Stirling, Najibullah Zadran
- All-Rounders: Mohammad Nabi, Curtis Campher, Gulbadin Naib
- Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Craig Young, Andy McBrine
- Captain: Paul Stirling
- Vice-Captain: Rashid Khan
Afghanistan & Ireland Squads
Asghar Afghan, Rahmat Shah, Naveen-ul-Haq, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Yamin Ahmadzai, Usman Ghani, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Sayed Shirzad, Najibullah Zadran, Javed Ahmadi, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Sharafuddin Ashraf
Andrew Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker, Paul Stirling, Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Kevin O Brien, Curtis Campher, Simi Singh, Andy McBrine, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young, Mark Adair, Joshua Little, Neil Rock, James McCollum.
AFG vs IRE 1st ODI Probable Winner
Afghanistan is expected to win this match.
AFG vs IRE Broadcasting & Streaming Details
- In Afghanistan: RTA
- In Ireland (Also in UK and Rest of Europe): Free Sports TV channel, Free Sports Player App
- In India: FanCode App
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.