SL vs AFG: Sri Lanka will lock horns against Afghanistan in Match 1 of Asia Cup, 2022 on Saturday, August 27, 2022, at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
The Asia Cup 2022 gets underway on Saturday, August 27 with Sri Lanka locking horns with Afghanistan in the curtain-raiser. The high-voltage clash will be played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Saturday, August 27.
Sri Lanka have played some fearless brand of cricket in the recent past under new head coach Chris Silverwood. The Island nation has won the tournament five times and has the highest win percentage. They will be looking to get off the mark in their opening fixture.
Speaking of Afghanistan, the team will be led by Mohammad Nabi. They are featuring in Asia Cup third time, having finished fourth on both the last two occasions. Just like their opponent, they too will look to kick start their tournament campaign on a winning note.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 1 of Asia Cup, 2022 between Sri Lanka and Afghanistan.
SL vs AFG Match Details
- Match: Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan, Match 1
- Date: Saturday, August 27, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM (IST) / 6:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
The pitch at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium is a well-balanced surface, and both departments are expected to benefit from it. We can expect a score of around 150-170 in this match and whoever wins the toss will probably look to chase.
SL vs AFG Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Pathum Nissanka (WK), Asitha Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Danushka Gunathilaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Jeffrey Vandersay, Maheesh Theekshana, Chamika Karunaratne, Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga.
Afghanistan Playing XI
Mohammad Nabi (C), Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Naveen-ul-Haq, Ibrahim Zadran, Karim Janat, Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan, Noor Ahmad, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Hazratullah Zazai.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 128 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the previous five matches —
- Matches Won: 5
- Matches Lost: 0
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
Sri Lanka & Afghanistan Last 5 Matches Stats
SL vs AFG Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||62 Wickets & 382 Runs|
|Rashid Khan||112 Wickets|
|Rahmanullah Gurbaz||676 Runs|
|Najibullah Zadran||1487 Runs|
|Bhanuka Rajapaksa||350 Runs|
SL vs AFG Captaincy Picks
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Rashid Khan
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz
SL vs AFG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Batters: Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Najibullah Zadran, Charith Asalanka, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Mohammad Nabi, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Maheesh Theekshana
- Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
- Vice-Captain: Rashid Khan
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Batters: Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Najibullah Zadran, Charith Asalanka, Hazratullah Zazai, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Mohammad Nabi, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Maheesh Theekshana
- Captain: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Vice-Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
Probable Winner Of The Match
Sri Lanka are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.