The highly anticipated final of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between Australia and India on Sunday, November 19 at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
The Men in Blue finished at the top of the league stage, winning each of their nine matches. They defeated New Zealand by 70 runs in the first semi-final of the World Cup 2023 at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday.
On the other hand, Australia lost their first two matches before winning seven matches on the trot in the league stage to finish third behind India and South Africa. They defeated South Africa by three wickets in the second semi-final at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Thursday.
However before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report, and ground stats of Narendra Modi Stadium.
IND vs AUS: Narendra Modi Stadium Pitch Report
Ahmedabad’s pitch has a little bit of everything – seamers and spinners can both cash in. Patience is key for batters, as the pitch offers numerous scoring opportunities. Notably, teams batting second have emerged victorious in three of the last five matches at this ground. Considering the finals’ pressure, the team winning the toss might benefit by choosing to bat first.
IND vs AUS: Narendra Modi Stadium Ground Stats
- Total matches 32
- Matches won batting first 17
- Matches won bowling first 15
- Average 1st Inns scores 237
- Average 2nd Inns scores 208
- Highest total recorded 365/2 (50 Ov) by RSA vs IND
- Lowest total recorded 85/10 (30.1 Ov) by ZIM vs WI
- Highest score chased 325/5 (47.4 Ov) by IND vs WI
- Lowest score defended 196/10 (48.3 Ov) by WI vs IND