NAM vs NED: Namibia will lock horns against the Netherlands in Match 5 of the ICC T20 World Cup, 2022 on Tuesday, October 18, 2022, at Kardinia Park, Geelong.
Both Namibia and Netherlands have punched above their weight in their respective opening games. The former of the two churned out a mesmerizing performance to stun Sri Lanka in the tournament opener. Putting to bat first, Namibia summed up 163 runs on the board for the loss of seven wickets.
In reply, the 2022 Asia Cup champions were bundled out for just 108 runs in 19 overs. Jan Frylinck was the show stealer as he contributed 44 runs off just 28 balls with the bat while with the ball, he picked two wickets as well. Apart from Jan, David Wiese, Bernard Scholtz, and Ben Shikongo also picked two wickets each.
Speaking of the Netherlands, the team squeezed past the United Arab Emirates in the final over a thriller and recorded a three wickets victory. Their bowlers were right on the money from the get-go as they restricted UAE to 111 runs for the loss of eight wickets in 20 overs.
In reply, they chased down the target with a ball to spare. Although they come into the game on the back of a strong performance against the United Arab Emirates, there is still room for improvement in their batting. With both teams keen to extend their winning runs, an exhilarating T20 game beckons in Geelong.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 5 of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, 2022.
NAM vs NED Match Details
- Match: Namibia vs Netherlands, Match 5
- Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
- Time: 9:30 AM (IST) / 4:00 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Kardinia Park, Geelong
- TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming: Hotstar
The surface at Geelong will help the pacers initially before getting good for batting. The team winning the toss should ideally look to chase. Anything around 160-170 should be a safe total for the team batting first.
NAM vs NED Probable Playing XI
Namibia Playing XI
Gerhard Erasmus (C), Zane Green (WK), David Wiese, Ben Shikongo, Divan la Cock, Nicol Loftie-Eaton, JJ Smit, Bernard Scholtz, Michael Van Lingen, Stephan Baard, Jan Frylinck.
Netherlands Playing XI
Scott Edwards (C & WK), Fred Klaassen, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Paul van Meekeren, Colin Ackermann, Max O’Dowd, Vikramjit Singh, Tim Pringle, Bas de Leede, Tom Cooper.
Pitch Stats – Kardinia Park, Geelong
- Total matches played: 3
- Matches won batting first: 1
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Innings scores: 149
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 132
- Highest total recorded: 176/8 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 108/10 (19 Ov) by SL vs NAM
- Highest score chased: 176/8 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 163/7 (20 Ov) by NAM vs SL
Namibia & Netherlands’ Last 5 Matches Stats
NAM vs NED Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|JJ Smit||33 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Bas de Leede||3 Wickets & 14 Runs|
|Gerhard Erasmus||20 Runs|
|Fred Klaassen||2 Wickets|
|David Wiese||2 Wickets|
|Max O’Dowd||23 Runs|
|Scott Edwards||16 Runs|
NAM vs NED Captaincy Picks
- Jan Frylinck
- Bas de Leede
- David Wiese
NAM vs NED Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Scott Edwards
- Batters: Max O’Dowd, Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Gerhard Merwe Erasmus
- All-Rounders: David Wiese, Jan Frylinck, JJ Smit, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Bernard Scholtz, Fred Klaassen, Ben Shikongo
- Captain: Jan Frylinck
- Vice-Captain: Bas de Leede
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Scott Edwards
- Batters: Tom Cooper, Max O’Dowd, Gerhard Merwe Erasmus
- All-Rounders: David Wiese, Jan Frylinck, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Bernard Scholtz, Fred Klaassen, Ben Shikongo, Tim Pringle
- Captain: Bas de Leede
- Vice-Captain: David Wiese
Probable Winner Of The Match
Namibia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.