Australia will be led by pacer Pat Cummins for the first time as the permanent captain following former Test skipper Tim Paine’s recent decision to step down after his inappropriate text messages to a female co-worker leaked.
Meanwhile, England have officially revealed the 12-player squad for the first Ashes Test and all the notable names have been added to the team. However, Senior pacer James Anderson has not been included in the 12-player squad.
Talking about their head to head record, 71 Ashes series have taken place between the two nations, where Australia has won 33, England has won 32 with six drawn series between them. The last series took place in 2019 and resulted in a 2-2 draw – the first since 1972. Having said that, England is yet to win a Test on Australian soil since 2011. They got whitewashed in 2013-14 and they lost by 4-0 in 2017-18.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st Test of The Ashes 2021-22.
- Match: Australia vs England, 1st Test
- Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Time: 5:30 AM (IST) / 12:00 AM (GMT) / 10:00 AM (Local)
- Venue: Gabba, Brisbane
- Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
The pitch at the Gabba will help the batsmen, at least for the first few days. As the match progresses, the pitch will start helping the bowlers. The team batting first should ideally aim for a score of around 350.
AUS vs ENG Probable Playing XI
Australia Playing XI
Pat Cummins (C), Alex Carey (WK), Travis Head, Nathan Lyon, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Steven Smith, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood.
England Playing XI
Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Ben Stokes, Dawid Malan, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood/Jack Leach, Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed, Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes, Jonny Bairstow.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches played is 297 runs.
Australia & England Last 5 Matches Stats
AUS vs ENG Player Record/Stats (Top 5)
|Steven Smith||2800 Runs|
|Joe Root||1694 Runs & 12 Wickets|
|Ben Stokes||921 Runs & 34 Wickets|
|Nathan Lyon||85 Wickets|
|Marnus Labuschagne||353 Runs|
AUS vs ENG Captaincy Picks
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Joe Root
- Ben Stokes
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Alex Carey
- Batsmen: David Warner, Steven Smith, Joe Root, Haseeb Hameed
- All-Rounders: Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, Marnus Labuschagne
- Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins
- Captain: Marnus Labuschagne
- Vice-Captain: Ben Stokes
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow
- Batsmen: Steven Smith, Joe Root, Travis Head
- All-Rounders: Ben Stokes, Marnus Labuschagne, Cameron Green
- Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Josh Hazlewood, Ollie Edward Robinson, Mitchell Starc
- Captain: Joe Root
- Vice-Captain: Steven Smith
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.