Team India will look to bounce back and level the series when they face England in the second match of the five-match Test series at the Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium in Vizag, starting on Friday, February 2.
On that note, let’s take a detailed look at the pitch report and stats of the Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium in Vizag.
IND vs ENG 2nd Test: Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium, Vizag Pitch Report
Although Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium pitches are renowned for being favourable to batters, they also provide opportunities for both fast bowlers and spinners as the game advances, with spinners usually having the upper hand. However, the black soil wickets in Vizag might not deliver the same bounce as those in Hyderabad.
In the two Tests played thus far, teams opting to bat first have clinched two victories, aligning with the trend of captains winning the toss and choosing to set runs on the board while the wicket is more batting-friendly. The average scores underline the advantage of batting first.
IND vs ENG 2nd Test: Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium Pitch Stats and Record
- Total matches: 2
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 0
- Average 1st Innings scores: 478
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 343
- Average 3rd Innings scores: 263
- Average 4th Innings scores: 174
- Highest total recorded: 502/7 (136 Ov) by IND vs SA
- Lowest total recorded: 158/10 (97.3 Ov) by ENG vs IND