Fifties from David Warner, Travis Head, and Steven Smith helped Australia outclass England in the first ODI in Adelaide and take 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
While Travis Head made an astounding comeback to the ODI, smacking 69, David Warner clobbered a sensational 89 to provide the hosts a flying start and set the tone for the run-chase.
From England, Malan played a flamboyant knock of 134 runs to help England post a competitive total of 287 runs for 9. However, it never looked enough on a flat batting track, which had nothing significant to offer for the bowlers.
Heading into the second T20I, while Australia will look to extend their winning run and take an unassailable lead in the series, England would look to win this match to keep the series alive.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd ODI of the England tour of Australia, 2022.
AUS vs ENG Match Details
- Match: Australia vs England, 2nd ODI
- Date: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Time: 8:50 AM (IST) | 3:20 AM (GMT) | 2:20 PM (Local)
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
AUS vs ENG Pitch Report
A relatively high-scoring game beckons at Sydney with there being little help on offer for the pace bowlers. The batters will look to attack from the word go.
The spinners will have to be clever with their lines and lengths to make the most out of the pitch. Whoever wins the toss will look to bowl first.
AUS vs ENG Pitch Stats
- Total matches played: 161
- Matches won batting first: 91
- Matches won bowling first: 63
- Average 1st Innings scores: 223
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 189
- Highest total recorded: 408/5 (50 Ov) by RSA vs WI
- Lowest total recorded: 63/10 (25.5 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Highest score chased: 334/8 (49.2 Ov) by AUS vs ENG
- Lowest score defended: 101/9 (30 Ov) by AUS vs WI
AUS vs ENG Probable Playing XI
Australia Playing XI
Pat Cummins (C), Alex Carey (WK), David Warner, Travis Head, Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Marcus Stoinis, Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Ashton Agar, and Adam Zampa.
England Playing XI
Jos Buttler (C & WK), Jason Roy, Phil Salt, James Vince, Dawid Malan, Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Chris Woakes/Chris Jordan, Liam Dawson, and Olly Stone.
Australia & England’s Form in Last 5 Matches
AUS vs ENG Top Players for Fantasy Team
1. Dawid Malan: He came out all guns blazing in the last game and clobbered 134 runs to help England post a challenging total on the board. Later, he was adjudged Player of the Match award despite England losing the game.
2. David Warner: The Australian opener provided the hosts a flying start and set the tone of the run-chase, smashing 86 runs off 84 deliveries. Overall, he has scored 5885 runs in this format and is 115 runs away from getting 6000 runs.
3. Jos Buttler: The English captain has accumulated 4274 runs in 158 ODI matches he played so far. He is also the leading run-scorer for his country in ODIs this year, having amassed 402 runs in eight innings.
4. Steve Smith: He smashed 80 runs off 78 deliveries in the last game and has been in great touch in this format of late. Overall, he has accumulated 4802 runs in 122 ODI innings.
5. Adam Zampa: He has been in the form of his life. He picked a sensational three-wicket haul in the last game while conceding just 55 runs in his 10 overs’ quota. He will be one of the must picks for your fantasy team.
6. Pat Cummins: The Australian ODI captain also picked three wickets in the last match, while giving away 62 runs in his 10 overs’ spell. Given, he has been a regular wicket-taker in ODIs for Australia, he will be a valuable pick for your fantasy team.
AUS vs ENG Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player Name||Playe Stats (1st ODI)|
|Dawid Malan||134 Runs|
|David Warner||86 Runs|
|Steve Smith||80 Runs|
|David Willey||2 Wickets & 34 Runs|
|Jos Buttler||29 Runs|
|Adam Zampa||3 Wickets|
AUS vs ENG Captaincy Picks
- David Warner
- Steve Smith
- Dawid Malan
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler
- Batters: David Warner, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Marcus Stoinis, David Willey, Cameron Green
- Bowlers: Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa, Chris Jordan
- Captain: David Warner
- Vice-Captain: Dawid Malan
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler, Alex Hales
- Batters: David Warner, Steve Smith, Jason Roy, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Marcus Stoinis, David Willey
- Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Chris Jordan
- Captain: Steve Smith
- Vice-Captain: Jos Buttler
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.